Who we work with
Big and small, public and private, retail and industrial. International technologies and intermodal transport. History-making social initiatives and record-setting fundraisers.
Our clients have different definitions of success, but what they hold in common is an understanding of the value of communications and marketing in getting where they need to be. Working with them as integrated but arms-length members of their teams, we help them achieve their business goals and objectives by starting out smart and staying the course. They understand our commitment to client service. They know our success is their success. Clients appreciate that kind of loyalty.
And we appreciate theirs.
Public Sector / Institutions
Public sector communications have always required a delicate touch. Balancing the public's demand for transparency and "right to know" with new initiatives that position government bodies as pro-active players in promotion and social marketing requires a collaborative approach, with a finger always on the public pulse.
From managing media relations and providing communications counsel on high-profile issues to creating unified public awareness campaigns, Pilot° has provided expertise on many unfolding issues while working closely with clients to anticipate the changing tides of public opinion and assist them in playing a role in shaping ideas and creating positive change.
Public sector clients include:
- Department of Human Resources, Labour and Employment
- Department of Human Resources, Labour and Employment, CA-NL Labour Market Agreement
- Women's Policy Office
- Department of Municipal Affairs
- Department of Innovation, Trade and Rural Development
- Department of Health and Community Services, Aging and Seniors Division
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Commission of Inquiry on Hormone Receptor Testing
- Public Utilities Board
- Wells Commission/Offshore Helicopter Safety Inquiry
- Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador
- City of St. John's
- Central Health
- Eastern Health
- Health Labrador Corporation
- Labrador Inuit Health Commission
- Research & Development Corporation
- Dietitians of Canada
- Parks Canada
- Royal Canadian Mint
- Charles J. Andrew Youth Treatment Centre
- Centre of Environmental Excellence
- Hyron Regional Economic Development Corp.
- NL School Board Associatoin
- Nunatsiavut Government
- Southeastern United States/Canadian Provinces Conference 2009 (SEUS/CP)
- Women in Resource Development Committee
Appreciating the multilayered cultural and social issues of aboriginal people in contemporary society means understanding the need to balance the preservation of culture, language and land with opportunities for future prosperity. Over the years, Pilot° has helped engage communities in positive dialogue through grassroots awareness and consultation campaigns and the targeted use of media. We have worked on land claims negotiation and ratification as well as brand building and corporate identity design.
Throughout every project, our approach is based on relevant research and focused messaging that communicates with aboriginal audiences in their language, in their context and with respect for their cultural values.
Aboriginal clients include:
- Labrador Inuit Association
- Nunatsiavut Government
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Torngat Mountains National Park
Tech / Natural Resources / Energy
The world's growing demand for energy and resources means every inch of the globe is being explored for its potential. At the same time, technology is breaking down barriers, while creating new ways to tap those resources and open up trade.
Creating a communications strategy that balances the needs of community members with shareholders means learning to listen as well as speak. Guiding companies through the sensitivities of exploration and development, Pilot° has provided smart direction on investor and community relations, stakeholder consultations, corporate philanthropy, media relations and marketing strategies.
Technology/natural resources/energy clients include:
- Aurora Energy
- Aurion Resources
- Atlantic Alliance of Aerospace and Defence Association
- Bayswater Uranium
- Chevron Canada Ltd.
- Fishery Products International (FPI)
- Freeport Resources
- Husky Energy
- Investcan Energy Corporation
- Linear Gold
- Newfoundland and Labrador Chamber of Mineral Resources
- Rutter Inc.
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- Vulcan Minerals Inc.
The intersecting interests of the non-profit sector and industry have great potential to create benefits for both donors and receivers. When companies truly understand the concept of the “social license to operate,” community investment takes off.
Pilot° works with non-profits to create messaging that tells a story, rather than sells a program. Through research and relationship-building, we make appropriate matches between non-profit needs and corporate and public philanthropy. As a result, our campaigns have consistently opened hearts – and wallets.
Non-profit clients include:
- Husky Energy Easter Seals House
- Canadian Cancer Society Daffodil Place
- Newfoundland Cancer Treatment and Research Foundation
- Canadian Red Cross
- Elaine Dobbin Centre for Autism/Autism Society
- Ducks Unlimited
- The Grenfell Foundation
- Grand Concourse Authority
- Presentation Sisters
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. John’s
Cultural & Tourism Industries
We like to think our province's Interest in the cultural industries is a reflection of the core values of our society, and not just an engine of the economy. Effectively communicating the unique aspects of what Newfoundland and Labrador has to offer goes beyond the idea of a destination, incorporating cultural sensitivities, cultural preservation and hugely varying demographics, target audiences and markets.
Pilot° holds an impressive track record of creating and promoting culture and tourism through market research, brand building, non-traditional marketing and unique publicity-generating opportunities.
Cultural and tourism industry clients include:
- The Rooms
- Magnetic North Theatre Festival
- Bonavista Institute for Cultural Tourism
- Cupids 400
- English Harbour Arts Centre
- The Suncor Energy Fluvarium
- Labrador Winter Trails
- Goose Cove Retreat
Retail & Services
It's a jungle out there. The business world is fierce and customers are faced with a barrage of choices and promises. In this environment, a strong brand is a must. When communicated through smart, strategic marketing, your key messages can stand out and truly resonate with your company’s current - and potential - clients.
At Pilot°, we provide smart direction to guide our clients onto the right path to building and promoting their brands and staking their territory, helping them achieve a strong market presence in support of long-term business goals.
Retail and services clients include:
- Brian R. Gatien Law
- Caregivers Inc.
- Core Engineering
- Expo Labrador
- Facey Financial
- Labrador West Chamber of Commerce
- Larbrador North Chamber of Commerce
- Neil’s Pond Condominium Corporation
- Newco Metal & Auto Recycling
- Newfoundland & Labrador Credit Union
- Newfoundland Liquor Coroporation
- NL Outfitters Association
- Oceanex Ltd.
- Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada
- Pressure Pipe Steel Fabrication Ltd.
- Rogers Bussey Personal Injury Law